How To Change Author Name In Office 2010

Author Name in Office 2010

Every time you create a new document, Microsoft Office automatically assign a Author to that document which is visible under the properties of the document. So, if you want to change the author name in Office 2010 then lets get started!

Step 1: Click the File tab

Step 2: Select the Options tab

Option tab

Step 3: In General tab Change the User name and Initials as per your needs.

General Tab


If you change the author name in Word 2010 using this method then the author name for other Office application like Excel and PowerPoint will be automatically changed.

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant, quick and accurate information. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you know if there is a way to create a template document (normal document file type) with NO author?

    The problem I'm trying to solve is that when a person creates a template document, and many others then use it, the original template creator is recorded as the author of that document instead of the person that is actually writing it.

    I would like to avoid the situation above where the new author has to manually set themselves as the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!!! I did it quicly and no problem. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this and it is still showing my name instead of the client's name. I really need some help here or I am going to lose my client! He wants everything to show his name so that his boss will think he does the work. I have been working on this for hours; help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Straight to the point. Thanks for the article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a tracked change document in Word 2010, one colleague edited the first half of the document "Author A" and then I continued with the further edits "Author B", we now need to send them to client but only showing that one author worked on the document. Can this be done. I know I should have changed my user information before I continued with my edits but is there a way of going back and changing existing track changed edits to another author. I know there is a macro to change user information for comments in a document but is there one for track changes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete